Search This Blog

Monday 6 September 2010

What have I learned?

This lesson I have learned to add features onto my Blog such as the News Feed, and the Blog list, and the Search Engine that I created, these features enhance the Blog's appearance as well as making the Blog more interactive with the readers, making the Blog a lot busier and more interesting than what is was. I have learned that adding such simple features encourage readers to be more engaged in the Blog than ones which are just plain, the Blog can be a place where viewers can access the latest stories without having to search for them since it has already been done.

Here is how I started off making my features on my Blog


                                
The Blog List

The first thing that i needed to do was to click under ADD A GADGET on the right hand side to add the Blog list.
Once I did that all I needed to do is scroll down until I find Blog List which then enables me to choose what kind of list I want.












These are some of the features that I can add onto my Profile. The reason why I have chosen a Blog List is because of the fact that it is easy for the viewer to be drawn to the stories that are there, and it almost makes a short cut for the viewer because they do not need to go to the website to find an interesting story. But the main reason is it makes the page more interesting to look at, which can make viewers more engaged in the Blog








Once I clicked on the link which leads into the Blog List, I am now able to add any lists from any websites of my choice. all I have to do is add the URL which I want the Blog List to come from, I then click ADD which puts it into the list. I do this for at least two more lists.













I now have all the pages that I want which are:
Apple
Gizmodo
Macworld
I am very happy with my choice because they all somehow link with each other well, the have the same theme. I would think the audience that would appreciate it more would be people who enjoy having gadgets, and want to know what the latest gadgets are in the market, which saves a lot of time for them       looking for the latest gadgets.








This is how the Blog List now looks on my profile. The text is very easy to read, the colours complement each other very well, and I think that it is suitable teenagers and above.










The Newsreel

The next feature that I am adding to my profile is called a Newsreal. i have used the same sites that i have used in the Blog List,so that if the viewer is interested that can simply see the story on the Blog List. This is a very good way to make my profile more interesting because the news is is constantly coming up, so in the case of the viewer it makes it a lot easier to find stories than the Blog List because its almost like constant breaking news to the viewers. Again it saves a lot of time searching for stories as well combining a lot of information in one place.








This is how the newsreel looks like, at the bottom of the page, just as thought it were a news channel.




The Search Engine

This is the last feature which I am using which is the search engine. when having a lot of posts, it does make it easier if the viewer could search for what they are looking for instead of having to browse through pages of posts. all i simply had to do is press APPLY and the search engine was added to my profile.














This is how the search engine looks at the top of the profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment